Saturday, August 6, 2011

Diets, Books, and Broken Computers

I knew that I would slack majorly on my blogs, oh well, there is just too much to do in one day!  I have come to realize since I got married that I do the dishes at least 3 times a day...but most of the time I don't mind this.  I like spending my time in the kitchen, with Jaidyn in the next room.  It's the only time I have to myself.  I can listen to music, talk to God, or just be in silence.  I wont lie though, sometimes I bring my laptop with me and watch a little Hulu while cleaning.  Currently, it's The Bachellorette....that show makes me so mad, I don't even know why I watch it!  I don't think anyone on that show is ever really looking for love...just hook ups and air time. 

Kyle and I started the 17 Day Diet on Monday.  We are on day 6, and so far it hasn't been too difficult to follow, but it's so frustrating to watch Kyle drop 8 pounds in a day, and me, well, I am stuck on the 3 pounds I lost after the two day mark.  Granted, I only have 10 pounds to lose, while he has 30, so it is destined to come off slower.  Anywho, don't be fooled by the name.  If you havn't heard of this diet, it consists of 4 cycles, 3 cycles at 17 days a piece, and the 4th cycle basically goes on forever, it's where you maintain your diet.  We are on cycle 1, where you can only eat lean meats, veggies, yogurt, and SOME fruits.  The fruit rules are very specific...no Banana's, which are my favorite, and no fruit after 2pm.  I have learned though that I love fresh pears, with a little Truvia sprinkled on top.  Yummy!  You can have a few other things, like a bit of olive oil, vinegar, mustard, etc.  and obviously, Truvia.  Truvia is amazing, and smells like marshmellows....but I have read some conflicted stuff online about whether it's safe or not.  But, nothing is safe these days.  Everything causes cancer, it seems.  We have actually done very well so far.  The first few days are hard, you can feel your body detoxing...it's crazy!  Lots of headaches!  But, we have made some amazing meals!  Kyle made these General Tso Chicken Lettuce Wraps last night that were to die for...and followed the rules of the diet!  Next time we makes it, I will take some pictures and post the recipe on my other blog!  We havn't touched a soda pop, or juice, or milk....we try our hardest to drink the recommended 8 glasses of water on this diet. (I seriously pee every 10 minutes, it's rediculous!)  Dr. Mike, the author of this book, is a water freak, as well as a hot green tea lover.  I have become dependent on my candy cane green tea at night, while I lay in bed and read a book. 

Oh, books....how I love my Kindle!  I have read so much since I got it!  I just finished My Antonia last night and it was so good!  Willa Cather is genious.  I have read 60% of Pride and Prejudice so far, which I am trying to finish before school starts.  Also, a wonderful book!  Since I finished My Antonia last night, I added another book by her to my Kindle, called The Song of the Lark.  I also added The Secret Garden, which I started reading last night.  It will be a quick read, and then I will begin the other.  I hope that once school starts, I will still have time to read. 

Let's see, what else has been going on?  Oh!  I am typing this up on our brand new computer!  We have 3 other computers, and none of them work!  Very frustrating!  For the past week, we have been using Kyle's small netbook, since my two weren't working....but then Kyle accidentally stepped on it and broke the screen....woops!  Let's just say that I saw my husband really angry for the first time :)  But, he was angry without sinning! (Something we've been talking about at church)  Speaking of church, tomorrow is our first day at Immanuel Luthern.  I am pretty nervous about it.  I hate being the center of attention, and tomorrow all eyes will be on us.  They are even having a brunch for us in between services...which unfortunalty we wont be able to eat much of :(  I am really happy for Kyle though.  He is back in full youth pastor mode, and he seems a lot happier!  He's been playing events and stuff all week!  I am so excited that this family is back in the youth ministry again!  Kyle was made for this job.  And he is an amazing man for continuing to work a job in costumer service that, trust me, no one would want to have, all to keep his family afloat while I am in school.  I am a very lucky woman.  I used to be told that I would never find the man that I was looking for, because that man never existed, and I was asking for too much.  Well, how wrong those people were.  I found something even better than what I was looking for!  I love my Kyle Matthew Creel :)

Our First Pic Together :)


No comments:

Post a Comment